Secrets Of The World’s Healthiest People
It just makes sense to follow in the footsteps of people that have achieved what we want to achieve, doesn’t it?
There’s rarely a time when you need to completely reinvent the wheel, so to speak.
Why would you?
Why not just look at successful people (whatever that means to you) and see what they’re doing? Then you can incorporate it into your own awesome sauce.
And living the longest, most active, and happiest life is no exception.
In his book, “The Blue Zone,” author Dam Buettner found locations around the world where people lived the longest and experienced the best health.
You can check out the book for all of the specifics, but we wanted to share with you one of the main concepts:
It’s not just about diet.
The real secret?
It’s about everything…and everything in moderation.
Buettner distilled 9 characteristics that each of the location seemed to have in common. They are:
- Regular physical activity. No need to be doing Spartan races, 10Ks, or tough mudders (unless those are your jam.) Just moving around regularly makes a world of difference.
- Purpose: People who end up in the game of life for the long haul tend to be passionate about something. It fuels a zest for living so every day isn’t just a copy of the one before. What’s your passion?
- Stress reduction. People in the Blue Zone aren’t working 50 hour weeks or trying to “hack” multi-tasking while at a stop light! Relax!
- Moderate caloric intake. Who doesn’t love to pig out sometimes? (Thanksgiving, anyone?) But if you’re regularly eating until you’re stuffed, you’re making your body work overtime to process all that food. Try eating most meals only until you’re satisfied, not to where you’re unconscious on the couch.
- Plant-based diet. People in the Blue Zone are not rabid carnivores. Their diets typically consist heavily of beans and fresh vegetables.
- Pro-alcohol. Ok, before you bust out the drinking games, let’s put this in perspective. Blue Zoners like those in the Mediterranean consume regular, BUT MODERATE, amounts of wine.
- Spirituality/Religion. Faith in a higher power can help us through trying times and also develop a wonder at how miraculous the universe is. This is very personal, and whatever resonates with you is what’s best!
- Family life. People who live the longest, even in what some of us would consider “poor” countries have strong bonds within a tight-knit family structure.
- Social life. Don’t like your family? No worries! You can choose a new one by finding friends that become your tribe.
Everything in moderation, balance is crucial.
We hear these phrases all the time.
But maybe we could be doing more to live them instead of just repeating them…
Shop All New Organisource Products!
We’re dedicated to finding mother natures best kept secrets and delivering them right to your door.
Always Straight From the Source.
© 2017 Vitality Vitamins, LLC.
Stay up to Date
Subscribe to our Newsletter and get 20% off your next order
Join the Tribe