Burning up from the summer heat? ? Try these Creamy vegan mint chocolate dip popsicles infused with fresh garden mint, cardamom, and black pepper, and surrounded by a snappy dark chocolate shell.
Coconut Mint Popsicles
- 2 cans (13.5-ounce) full fat coconut milk, shaken well
- 1 packed cup fresh mint leaves (use spearmint for extra minty-ness)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
Chocolate Magic Shell
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60 to
- 70 percent cacao) chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (refined is preferable, but unrefined works well too)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- To make popsicles, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and 2. heat over medium heat. When mixture just starts to steam, remove from heat, cover, and steep 30 minutes.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain out leaves, press firmly with a wooden spoon to extract all possible juices. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze 20 minutes, add popsicle sticks, then freeze solid (preferably overnight).
- Set a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, add two-thirds of the chocolate. Once chocolate has melted, stir in remaining chocolate, coconut oil, and corn syrup if using. Pour into a tall, narrow jar and cool to room temperature.
- To unmold popsicles, find a container that your popsicle mold will fit in and fill with (just) warm water (you want the molds to be completely immersed, without getting any water inside or on top of the molds). Immerse mold in warm water for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Remove from water and unmold. Dip popsicles in chocolate dip at an angle (or straight down), hold for 20 seconds while shell hardens, then set on a parchment lined tray in the freezer. Once refrozen, popsicles can be stored in a zip-top bag in the freezer.
We’re dedicated to finding mother natures best kept secrets and delivering them right to your door.
Always Straight From the Source.
© 2017 Vitality Vitamins, LLC.
Stay up to Date
Subscribe to our Newsletter and get 20% off your next order